Clear your calendars for June 23rd and get your team of four together and register for the 2018 Hero Showdown benefiting our troops oversee and children of fallen and wounded soldiers, and first responders! This will be held at CrossFit Republic!
- Only one team member must be a past or present fire, police, military or medical personnel (can be mixed male and female teams)
- It’s a “functional fitness” competition, mimicking what these heroes do on a regular basis, with general crossfit intertwined
- Two divisions, intermediate (for those of you that have been around awhile) and novice (which will be beginner friendly).
- Challenging workouts, but not anything too technical, such as Olympic lifting or skills such as handstand pushups or Muscle ups
- Movement list and one of the workouts will come out shortly for review
Register NOW! https://www.regonline.com/heroshowdown2018
If you’re interested in donating to our silent auction or fund in general send a message to Jessi Neal or call 417-830-6260
Funds raised will purchase Amazon gift cards for overseas service members through Pieces of Home Non-profit and support the Kids of Our Heroes – Adventure Camp!
*Coaches please line air bikes up front tight along rig, facing the class and rowers in the middle of the gym in tight with each other, leaving the main gym floor open and still staying away from the Learn To CrossFit Area.
*Coaches if large endurance class, have 3 groups that start at the 3 different bodyweight movements (run, bike, row), but still starting at the same spot on the ladder and working up then down, and completing whatever bodyweight movement had not been already completed beforehand to accommodate equipment.
Conditioning WOD – 35 min cap
4 rounds for time of…
24 Deadlifts 155/105
18 Hang Cleans 155/105
12 Shoulder to Overhead 155/105
*If raining, sub a 1200m Air bike for the 400m run
Post total times!
CFR ENDURANCE WOD – 35 MIN CAP
*Coaches – start both workouts at the same time
*Athletes – post score with an “E” for endurance by your name on the whiteboard
*For newbies – the endurance class is offered every Tue and Thur alongside our regular workout. These endurance workouts typically include a longer time duration, lighter weights combined with extra running, rowing or air biking.
For time, up and down the ladder…
25 Cal Row
50 Deadlifts 95/65
25 Cal Bike
50 Hang Cleans 95/65
50 Shoulder to Overhead 95/65
After shoulder to overhead is complete, work back down the ladder … 400m run, hang cleans, bike, deads, then row…
*Like in above daily workout, sub 1200m bike for run if raining