After Bring a Friend FREE in the morning, the next thing on the Saturday agenda will be encouraging all our CFR teams participating in the Lift Up A Child Competition! Located near downtown Springfield at Royal Barbell, we have several teams representing CFR. Come cheer them on!
CFR Teams for Lift Up a Child on Saturday, April 28th
- A Beard & A Babyface- Landon Sullins/Michael Knoll
- Car Ramrod- Tychus McCoy/Michael Battle
- Dottirs R Us- Hannah Laxton/Becky DeMaria
- Aggressively Average- Melissa Flokstra/Deziree Marsh
- Team Strong Like Bull- Ashley Gilmore/Casey Pomery
- Scorpion Death Squad- Chris Crosby/Kevin Inmon
- Not Fast, But Furious- Matt Norman/ (another CFR member)
- 16 Bit Heroes- Adam Chmielik/Tyler Hanewinkel
For details on the facebook page Click here! OR Visit the Lift Up a Child Fitness Challenge on Facebook!
*No skills class on Bring a Friend FREE days!
“My Pet Rock”
*Coaches – if large class and low on sizes of slam balls needed, use wall balls as well (RX need the slam balls due to uneven pushups, explanation below)
*First timers feel free to scale to your abilities by stopping the workout either at the 20 minute mark or cutting reps in half (including the run to 100m)
4 Rounds for time of…
20 Hand Release Pushups (RX – uneven, see below*)
20 SitUps (RX – ball on chest)
20 Slam Ball Hugger Squats 30/20
20 Ball Slams 30/20
200m Run with Ball
*Uneven Pushups – place one hand on top of ball and other on ground and complete your pushups. The next round, place the opposite hand on the ball, alternating rounds – get as close to ground as possible and/or touch chest each rep
*If athletes rather not run on the road, a route 2, 100m and 200m mark can be found by taking a right out the door down the sidewalk, where the first patch of brush is the 100m mark and then onward to the sidewalk you’ll find a route 2 leading to the 200m mark, where you can place cones if needed.
Post total times!